14 décembre 2005

It is more difficult for me to blog now. Initially, I started this week with the intent of blogging every day to commemorate my last week and make up for my neglect to some extent. However, I have found that it is difficult to suddenly create a habit where one has not existed and moreover, I am hesitant to face the reality of my eminent departure. Yet, I pulled out my suitcases a few days ago and have been making advanced preparations for Saturday to ensure that I can guiltlessly enjoy my last Friday night in Paris. My room looks empty, save a few everyday things that I haven't packed away yet. The truth hurts.

In the effort to make the most of my last week in Paris, I have set out to sight see and tour as much as I can but even that is difficult. Sunday and Monday I was able to get out of my room. Sunday, I went to La Defense after searching for a gospel church service that I was unable to find. La Defense is just outside of Paris. It is a business district which is also home to a large arch and a huge mall. I walked around for a few hours before returning to my room. Overall, it was a decent day. I also walked around a lot in the area where the church service was supposed to be, which incidentally, is right around La tour Eiffel and Charles de Gaule-Etoile.

Monday, I set out to the Latin Quarter and visited a couple of beautiful churches and parks (lots of pictures), as well as La Pantheon and a great photography exhibit at Hotel de Ville. I started rather early and returned before dark even though I did a lot. I was pleased with my initiative to adventure solo and my ability to navigate. I felt accomplished.

Tuesday, however, was not so eventful. I awoke and dressed and as I was putting on my loafers, I suddenly lost my motivation completely. I didn't want to go anywhere. The view outside my window was not particularly inviting; there was no sun or blue sky visible (as the day before) and everything looked cold. Thus, Tuesday was devoted to a lounging and serious packing. I am not looking forward to the trip to the airport. I need to either reserve a shuttle or hire a cab because traveling on the RER (train) with all of my luggage is going to be torture. My back is starting to hurt just thinking about it.

Today, promises to be more interesting. I say that not so much because of plans that I have made but because I intend to make it so...