29 octobre 2005

I don't know where to start this entry. Today has been pretty average. I went to class, returned to my room, slept for a couple of hours and then watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail for the second time (hilarious, you should rent it if you haven't seen it). There's hasn't been anything particularly French about today but yesterday my class took yet another excursion to yet another former artist community. This time, we went to Barbizon, which is a beautiful village that's larger than Giverny and much more touristy but still nice. The visit itself was not very eventful but the ride there and back was quite nice. For some reason, which I still haven't discovered, U of C secured a large tour bus to take us to Barbizon instead of a taxi or a small shuttle. It was a really nice bus with plush seats that recline out into "beds," televisions and enough seating capacity for about 75 people; there were only eight of us but who's counting. It was especially nice when the driver returned us to our dorm instead of to the Paris Center where we met and we exited the giant bus in the middle of our little neighborhood. I felt quite special; "Hey everybody, look at our big bus." (Sorry, I'm a little bored.)

I can't believe I've been here a month already. Where's the time going? Quick, everyone check your pockets!