01 octobre 2005

First, to dispel a myth: The flight was not 16hrs as I had estimated prior to departure (Thank God!) but rather a mere 8hrs (whew!). Instead of taking a train I was able to meet two ladies from my UChicago and we split a cab. I’m here and exhausted. The initial excitement of having finally arrived in the country of my dreams has worn off considerably. I don’t mean to sound disgruntled but I am already kind of tired of hearing French and trying to translate it, let alone formulating coherent phrases in my tired brain. As drained as I am, I have been advised not to sleep too much today so that I can transition between time zones. In fact, I should wait until about midnight to go to sleep. Lucky for me it’s only 1:15 in the afternoon. I don’t think that plan is going to work.

I moved in rather abruptly, which means I’ve thrown stuff all over the place so my room is not exactly in an acceptable condition to be photographed. Rest assured that I will post some pics of my space.