06 septembre 2005

Une Soiree

Since my last entry, I am happy to report that the pace of my mental meltdown is slowing dramatically, courtesy of my new notebook pc, which keeps me adequately entertained.
We’re getting ready for the Bon Voyage party this weekend. Hopefully people will come…just kidding. It’s been years since I’ve attended a party that was actually for me. My last birthday party was at least 11 years ago and I was not cognizant of my social anxieties then. It will be just a bit strange to be the guest of honor. I’ve been trying to decide how to deal with this event for weeks now. Someone suggested that I should just be “sick” that day but I’m sure that wouldn’t work. Besides, I actually want to be there, I just don’t want to have to deal with being the center of attention; although, I don’t think that my personality is such that will place me at the center of attention naturally but rather the purpose of the party itself may keep me somewhere near its nucleus…